Saturday, July 07, 2007 - 12:08 pm

15 Minutes to Tanabata

Tanabata (七夕), meaning "Seven Evenings") is a Japanese star festival, derived from Obon traditions and the Chinese star festival, Qi Xi. The festival is usually held on July 7, and celebrates the meeting of Orihime (Vega) and Hikoboshi (Altair). The Milky Way, a river made from stars that crosses the sky, separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year. This special day is the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar. ~Wikipedia: Tanabata
"Another 15 minutes to Tanabata. Make a wish and you'll meet your true love. Come on, I'll make one on your behalf." her message read.

This is not just any Tanabata but one of significant meaning; it's 07 July of the year '07 and yet I wouldn't realised it's Tanabata if not for the message.

Make a wish. Make a wish.

Oh great. How do you make one?

I don't know. I don't know. Just make a wish for goodness sake.

Oh, no, no, no. I'm not going to screw this up.

Okay, okay. Don't panick.

0000 hours. Made a wish anyway. Though I can't recall exactly how I phrased it.

"Can't see any stars. It's too cloudy!" she complained.

Uh, am I supposed to have made my wish to the stars? Gosh, I just made one to the walls.

Shucks. I screwed up alright. There goes the 07.07.07 Tanabata!

3 comments:

phyee86 said...

Chigau!!!!!
U should make wish by writting ur wish on a paper n hang it on a bamboo.
How can u dunno tis? japan boy, hahaha....

Kryptos said...

Come on, Tanabata is supposed to be romantic. Who cares about tradition that robs the day of its significance?

phyee86 said...

Hanging the wishing paper on the bamboo can be very romantic also ah. Hahaha...... :-P