Thursday, January 05, 2006 - 1:42 am

I'm a Genius

To appreciate thoroughly the work of what we call genius, is to possess all the genius by which the work was produced. ~Edgar Allan Poe
Uh-oh, narcissicm strikes again! This time, I think I'm a genius!

You see, a few days back, my level of motivation was at an all-time low, thanks to certain frustrations. I reckoned that I need to do something to boost my ego and stop wallowing in self-pity. It was then I got the ambitious idea of designing a new template for my one-year-old blog.

And so I began - putting my sanity to test by attempting to make a template from scratch. First, I needed a cool picture for the header. To tell the truth, I've been looking for one ages ago but only ended up with some "poorly-attempted" pieces of artwork which were hardly up to my aristocratic taste. It so happened that I coincidentally stumbled upon a website with wonderful works of art recently. Imagine my joy and awe upon discovering and artwork abstract enough for me to crop here and there - using primitive photo-editing tools, eg. Paint, no kidding - and yet not ruin the aesthetics of the work! Brilliant! That was exactly what I needed!

Then, the next phase - the template. This, my friend, is the most crucial and frustrating part of template designing. No doubt I was burning with enthusiasm to tailor a new template for my blog. But trading one form of frustration for another? No way!

Luckily, the muses eventually sang to me and I was bursting with inspirations; unluckily, things always get into the way of a genius. Different browsers rendered different results for totally identical source codes. For goodness sake, why can't everyone just stick to Firefox? Just in case you're an ignorant web user, it's free! Plus, it's a whole lot safer than Billy O' Gates' favourite browser, Internet Explorer! Or at least that's what the tech gurus claim; I'm just singing along!

Still, even with my noble ambition to cater to my faithful readers who use various browsers, I eventually prevailed! So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, cats and dogs, idiots from all walks of life, lo and behold! This is my blog's new look! - not a typical ugly template designed by people with colour blind or with lousy artistic skills; this is truly a work of art! Yes, yes, thanks for the standing ovation!

Now, you, too, think I'm a genius, don't you?

5 comments:

Zzzyun said...

Haha... Quite refreshing!

But I still think that you need more colours in ur blog leh...but that's just me. :P

Anyway, I'm revamping my template too, and thx a lot for ur help! It really lessened a lot of my frustration at my cluelessness in html... haha.

I must work hard, my template aint complete yet! :D

Anonymous said...

i like ur template.. wish i had one like this.. but unfortunately i'm clueless when it comes to blog designing. *hint hint*

btw.. how do u make ur comments like that? i mean.. to make it 'fall open' instead of popping up or displaying in a new page.

Kryptos said...

zyun>> thanx for ur suggestion! but frankly, i prefer to have blue as my colour scheme. it's my favourite colour! yay!

glad to be of help! :) sorry that i couldn't figure out that "mystery" with the description's box! (n i STILL dunno why!!!)

keep it up! u've been doing alright! juz dun procrastinate, tho! ;P

lydia>> thanx for ur compliment. ok, ok, as a "genius", i can't possibly "pretend" not taking the hint! ;P but even a "genius" needs inspiration, u know! haha!

those are called peek-a-boo comments, there's a tutorial at: Peek-a-boo comments

if u need help, feel free to let me know. i'll see what i can do. ;)

Cheng Eng Aun said...

Congrats for your new template! Hmm the peek-a-boo comments reminds me of a painful experience... Six hours of banging and cursing...

Kryptos said...

something's wrong with the peek-a-boo comments tho... the cookies dun seem to work... ah, dun hv time to check now. damn hectic daily schedule.