Monday, January 02, 2006 - 12:51 am

Perverted Thoughts

I try to live the moment and not obey laws, rules, conventions, or norms; to react to a sensation, a feeling, or an emotion. ~Anne Parillaud
On the night of new year eve, I openly declared my new year wish: I wished that it would rain that night; the heavier the merrier! The main reason wasn't to flush away the heat which was getting on my nerves; it was to ruin the new year celebrations! (*Evil laughter)

Hopelessly psychotic! Yeah, I can be such a spoilsport!

Ladies and gentlemen, what we have here is a perfect example of a neurotic patient, courtesy of the adverse effects of TV programmes.

Dang! I knew I should't be watching too much of the TV series, House. The maverick Dr House has got a negative influence on me - I think I'm becoming anti-social. These days, there're all sorts of perverted thoughts running in my head. Mind you, by "perverted", I mean "deviating from the norms".

For starters, I'm starting to have a general distaste towards all forms of celebrations. I celebrate neither Hanukkah, Diwali nor Hari Raya. And I seriously believe that Christmas is an evil scheme plotted by unscrupulous capitalists to encourage overspending in the name of "holiday spirit". New year? You mean you want me to join the crowd in Gurney Drive for the countdown, yelling like headless chickens? Don't forget also that the fireworks display pollutes the air.

Besides, I'm getting morose these days. And I'm pretty sure the world is shrinking too. That should explain why people seem to get more irritating nowadays. Can someone just drop me off in Alaska or Outer Mongolia where I can have the whole piece of land all to myself and live as a hermit? Free of peer pressure, earthly concerns and the eyes that judge your every action, life should be a whole lot better. Just give me a peace of mind.

Most importantly, a hermit doesn't have to worry about anyone else other than himself. Lesson of life: Love yourself more than your neighbours and all of humanity because loving someone means giving the person a chance to hurt you. Withdraw into your own little circle. Who cares what people out there think about you? You have your own idiosyncracies. Make your own rules. There's no need to conform to orthodox mentalities.

Now, will you just leave me alone to entertain my perverted thoughts? But before that, I have to shoot that irritating idiot loitering in front of my yard.

Oh god, I'm spouting nonsense!

8 comments:

jomama said...

Doesn't sound like nonsense to me.

Kryptos said...

haha. i really think i knocked my head or something! :P

Anonymous said...

When u start become like tis?
Who u so.....
Haih... dunno how to say also....

Zzzyun said...

To tell the truth, u sound kinda depressed.
Are u alright?
Is it becoz of that incident?
My advice is just to let go, it's more painless this way.
Do cheer up! :|

Anonymous said...

haha...u're not the only one getting morose...sometimes i think to myself "damn those couples on valentine's day! let's have an anti-valentine('s) day celebration!" =D

anyway, Happy 2006!! hope everything goes smoothly according to plan for u! =P

Kryptos said...

zyun>> thanx for ur concern. i'm just a victim of regular moodswing. it won't last for long. i'll be fine in no time! ;)

ellen>> hmmm... an "anti-valentine's day"? what a super-duper great idea! sheesh! why din' i think of that???

sjune said...

i used to walk alone during valentines....walked up and down at gurney for six hours,alone :P

quite fun :P

hmmm....mercun pollutes air...yucky yuck yuck!

every year firework same one lah....lagi irritating if its my exam year

like last time during spm ppl playing fireworks what....that was for hari raya lah

Anonymous said...

hahaha...i'll count u in if i organise such parties in the future! *winks* =P