Thursday, May 19, 2005 - 11:50 pm

Down the Vortex of Love

Welcome to Café de Amour. What would you like to order for your dinner? A set of Solitaire Amour for a garçon seul ou juene or a set of Réciproque Amour for a couple of affectuex de paire?
Ah, Paris is the capital of romance while French is the language of love. Too bad I don’t have the chance to learn the (most-of-the-time) flirtatious tongue.

But let me jump straight to my point: of late, I am seeing many friends spiralling down the Cupid’s little game of love.

First of all, there is *him, a close friend of mine who manages to initiate a relationship while studying abroad. For some reason, he has been keeping it a secret from almost everyone – only giving misdirecting, vague hints at times when the subject is brought up. Nonetheless, recent rumours verified my surmises. Suffice to say that the other cast– the she – is a friend of my friend’s friend. Hmm… It may be a third-hand information but that does not undermine its credibility.

Let’s move on to the second him, a grieving garçon seul (pun not intended; notice that this is not a proper noun) who ordered the first set of dinner back in Café de Amour. The truth is, all this while, he has been cleverly masking his sorrows from those around him that none of us managed to detect anything. It was only during our mischievious endeavaour to uncover, yet, another secret of his that we inadvertently stumbled upon this well-kept and less-known secret. (I wonder why people seem to be all hush-hush these days.) Needless to say, Cupid strikes again!

Whoa! The “curious-o-meter” popped to a head-splitting level! As usual, the radar crackled to life and I could not resist the urge to investigate. It happened that there seemed to be some connection between the account from aforementioned him and that of a her even though both of them seemed to have divulged nothing to anyone. Most importantly, the timeline of events seemed to fit. Another secret busted! (Spare me the drum rolls and applause, please. They make me blush.)

Then, there is another him, who is (sigh) another poor lad in a state of dilemma. Too bad I only managed to uncover bits of the information. “Everything is fine” was the only information he disclosed. But I must mention that a story without a tail leaves ample room for my imagination to extend its creativity to colouring the blank picutres. There is no telling what crazy ideas it can come up with once it starts working overtime! Oops, the cogs and wheels are already working. So, watch out!

These few cases aside, there are still more examples abound. but I reckon it redundant to give an account to each. Hey, I’m not a gossip-monger and I don’t like poking my nose in the middle of the people’s private affairs! (Heck, don’t give me the sacarstic eye-roll.)

Anyway, I would like to extend my wishes to those lonely hearts out there who are being sucked down the vortex of love willy-nilly. May your stories have a touch of a fairy-tale ending. And, yeah, enjoy your Réciproque Amour with your chéri.

Meanwhile, I remain as a young bachelor who is gladly not tied down by commitments – single and available. (*Flirtatious wink)

Note: Should the propositions above bear similarities with any real live instances encountered, they are not mere coincidences but rather the accounts of actual stories, albeit vague ones.

*Pronouns are used to replace actual names to protect privacy.

7 comments:

Wei Zhi said...

ah my friend... looks like ur getting really good at detective work :P
... and this also looks like mankind's deepest secrets will be safe no longer.... :(

Tan Sri said...

dun push them till they need to 杀人灭口 :P

Anonymous said...

hm....

Kryptos said...

What deepest secrets? I wonder if I should go look for d skeleton u keep in your closet, dan...

杀人灭口???!!! Never thought of... Maybe I should tell everything before that happens!

Say... there's a seul here... Heheheh...

sjune said...

this him and her thing makes me blur

Kryptos said...

you're blur coz u dunno who r those him's and her's... ;P

sjune said...

gaargh,no wonder

so this proves that i'm not that stupid ;P