Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 9:22 pm

Overnight Trip: Day One

This is a delayed post of the one-night trip we went for on 21 and 22 September. Should have posted them earlier. This pathetic man with a short-term memory can't remember much of the trip now. But, here you go, anyway.

Leaving at 8 in the morning, we headed for, uh, let me think... Sho... Ah, Shōsengyō (昇仙峡) Somewhere to the west of Tokyo, I don't remember which place exactly. It's a famous spot for momiji (紅葉), especially, and there's a waterfall.


This, is the cute little statue found in front of the public toilet. How matching, huh?

The gate.

30m Sengataki (仙峨滝), formed by upheaval of the earth.

Ishimon (石門), literally, "stone gate". Crazy people stick one yen coins into the crack of the stones.

So far, the rivers I've seen in Japan are way cleaner than the cleanest ones back in Malaysia. There was a short news coverage this morning about salmons being found in upstream some 60km from the pacific ocean. That river used to be polluted but much has been done to bring the river back to live. So the brouhaha was understandable. It was a success for the locals. Malaysians still have a lot to learn... I wonder how long it's gonna take before you can start seeing fish in Sungai Pinang. Oh yeah, wait till you see the photos I took in Mitake Keikoku (御岳渓谷).

The tour guide was pointing to one of the cliffs which looked like a dragon when we were in the bus. Couldn't really see it well nor take a photo.

One of the best meals I've had in Japan. Well, after getting used to the yucky food I cook everyday, anything is edible.

Then, we headed for the Suwako music box museum (奏鳴館).

And, guess what! We're given the chance to assemble our own music box! Much to my surprise, it didn't involve any rocket science at all. Just some simple mechanisms.
This is the final product. In the report I handed in to my teacher, I wrote that this is for my future girlfriend. Then, she started saying, "Oh, what a coincidence that so-and-so picked the same tune! I wonder...".

Some of the antique music boxes first brought in to Japan.


And this is probably something from the latest Mission: Impossible movie. A bomb disguised as music box.

~Continued~

No comments: