Tuesday, January 17, 2006 - 11:17 pm

Cloud Nine

Oh, Jesus Holy Christ! I'm having a taste of what "heaven" is like! Heck, I'm high! (*Grinning like a psycho.)

God, I was at the Pearly Gates just now. And guess what, I met St Peter!
Me: Uh, is this heaven? Oh my, it's so heavenly! (Duh!)
St Peter: Yes, indeed. Your name, please.
...
St Peter: You're a good guy. But, hmm... According to my Big Book, it's not your time yet. How did you get here?
Me: Uh, I'm not sure. But I swear I'm not on drugs!
St Peter: There must be some kind of mistake then. Off you go! Back to where you came from!
And, before I knew, I was back in reality.

But, hey! It's still heavenly over here! (*Pinched and slapped myself.) So, I'm not dreaming, eh? Phew!

Wahahaha! I'm the happiest guy alive! I just got a scholarship offer to study in Japan! And they're giving me what I want - mechanical engineering! What could've been a better news than this?

For one thing, I don't have to worry about my STPM results anymore. Thinking of how badly I did in my Chemistry paper, any hope to secure a scholarship with my STPM results is nil. Thank goodness the Monbukagakusho scholarship doesn't consider the results! Or else, I'd be ruined!

What's more, it's a full scholarship - school fees, accomodation, stipends - everything taken care of! There's not even a bond; no strings attached! The Japanese government sure is generous. Thanks!

Of course, studying in Japan is not going to be easy. Culture shock aside, there's that immense pressure in studies. I'm taking my preparatory language course in Tokyo University but in order to stay there for the Major, I'll have to get perfect score (yes, perfect score) for Japanese paper and high marks (translation: above 90) for the other subjects. It's the number one university in Asia after all! But then, there's also Kyoto University. It's popular in mechanical engineering and it's the second best in Japan.

The greatest incentive for studying in Japan, however, is the invaluable exposure. I guess, there's a price to pay for everything! Who knows, I might be able to get a pretty Japanese girlfriend! Ok, just joking. No harm daydreaming, right? Hmm... I'm thinking of quitting my job as a "chief engineer" soon!

Gosh, I'm in such an excellent mood that I wouldn't even think of retaliating even if you were to kick my ass! Ha!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!! i'm so happy for u too!! i mean wow...maybe i'll see u in tokyo when i become america's next top model...lol...lucky you!! japan is a rich-in-culture country! hope u still update this blog when u're overseas + looking for a jap gf =P

oh, i forgot...CONGRATULATIONS!!

阿蛋 said...

HAPPY TO HEAR THAT. ANOTHER GOD FROM CL IS ABOUT TO GO TO JAPAN FOR HIS MAJO CONQUEST~~~!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK IN EVERYTHING

CONGRATS

Zzzyun said...

Wow! That's so cool!

Congrats first!

I'm sure culture shock is smtg that you'll definitely experience. Heck, their fashion sense is totally out of this world. :P

So happy getting a jap gf..

Do rmb to update this blog though. Coz i wanna know how Japan is like! :D

Once again, congrats!

sjune said...

congrats!

is that the monbukagaga...whatever that is....scholarship?

K.O.J.A. said...

I thought you're going for mechatronics??!!??!!

Kryptos said...

haha, thank you, everyone! will miss you all! muak, muak, muak! yup, of course i'll keep my blog updated. (hopefully, i'll hv time!)

june>> ya, monbukagakusho scholarship

koja>> mechatronics is a branch of mechanical

Anonymous said...

Haha, seems like u really happy wif ur scholarship.
Getting the scholarship is really is very good gift from the god,
n also the luck given by ancestors.
If i still feel uncertain about it,
then i really is very "zui guo" d. Hehe....
I think we sure will get the cultural shock.
But i think time will help us to get adapt to it.
But.... yier.... u all good loh....
All get tokyo 1, except me....
I just get osaka 1....
I hv to study there alone without my old friends....
U really want to find a jap gal ah?
My grandma even tell me not to go marry a jap gal come back wo.
U want ppl kick ur ass?
Get prepare on friday ah. Hehe...

Kryptos said...

phyee>> osaka is nice too (it used to be japan's capital). besides, you have kobe and kyoto nearby. dun forget that tokyo is a big city -- a metropolitan. advanced, yes; but u can't get away from the hustle n bustle of city life.

YOUR grandma told u so. NOT mine! well, only those who r jealous will kick my ass!

Anonymous said...

I think i even cun go wif u all on the same plane....
Nvm d, since the initial purpose of study at foreign country is to train us to be independent.
Is just u all lucky can get 2gether.
Well, i can kick u coz i'm jealous of u getting tokyo 2gether friends.
Haha.....

Anonymous said...

maybe u can help me get some japan first day covers! =D lol...

amphibian sp. said...

hey, very good on u pal! wow tokyo... man, dats really smtg to look 4ward to! yeh go 4 it, da gals, everything...!!!