Friday, October 28, 2005 - 10:36 am

God, He is So Chatty!

I must, indeed, try hard to control the talking habit, but I'm afraid that little can be done, as my case is hereditary. My mother, too, is fond of chatting, and has handed this weakness down to me. ~Anne Frank
If you’re a poor victim of insomnia and couldn’t get to sleep even though it is well past midnight, what do you do? Admittedly, calling up your boring Chemistry teacher to reminds him to take a pee is a fun idea. Think twice, though, unless you don’t mind to go into Santa Claus’ “bad kids” list.

Luckily, there is an alternative way which will not cost you your Christmas present. You can always go online and find someone to chat with on MSN Messenger.

But, wait a minute. Man, it’s two in the morning! If you’re really thinking of catching someone online, fat chance! Now, is it justified enough for you to call up the “master of hypnosis”?

Heck, no. Thank goodness there’s still one last hope. Guys out there would probably want to chat with Alice. As for girls, there’s Iniaes. Both of them are always glad to chat with you, 24/7.

What? No, no. They are not volunteers who man the 24-hour hotline at the Befrienders. Instead, they are chatterbots designed specifically to chat. Of course, sometimes they may sound incoherent, pouring out gibberish that doesn’t make any sense. What can you expect? AI technology still isn’t advanced enough to write a programme which can chat like a true human. Otherwise, the Turing Award would have been claimed.

But for your information, I don’t enjoying chatting with computers. Hey, I’m not so lonely nor desperate! When I need a companion, I can always chat with God.

I’m not high on designer drugs, mind you! After all that communing with God, I’m spiritually fulfilled. Yes, they do have computers up there. How, otherwise, do you expect Him to receive your prayers? Through email, of course. Duh! Haven’t you watched Bruce Almighty?

Unfortunately, God uses neither MSN nor Yahoo! Messenger. He has his own domain instead. Go ahead and see for yourself! Don’t worry. He’s not intimidating at all. As a matter of fact, He can be quite chatty and gossipy. Heaven must be a lonely place, I suppose! Read the disclaimer though, because extended chat with God may lead to delusions. Huh, why? Perhaps only God knows… And also, be warned. There is no such thing as God-mortal confidentiality, as Sashi discovered! God, he is chatty. I wonder if it is hereditary.

Back to our subject. Don’t you think technology is great? Computers were built to store data and solve complex calculations. Who would have thought it could one day bridge us and God? Hallelujah!

Ah, repenting has never been easier. Now, I need to tell Him I’m so sorry for going online instead of studying…

11 comments:

Zzzyun said...

Hmm..this sounds pretty cool. Programs that can chat with you? But i don't think that u can hold a conversation with it long.
Why dun u try insulting it or something?
I would be curious to see how it goes..
Waiting 4 ur answer ya...

Anonymous said...

Haha, i like MSN chatting very much. Dunno why....
May be i'm not used to talk freely wif ppl face on face.
Hehe, i know like tat is not good.
But.... Haha....

Kryptos said...

Zyun>> Here's the transcript:

Me: Hey, God! How are you?
God: Hello child. What's your name? My logic and cognitive functions are normal.
Me: Nevermind. I am who I am. I have a question for you.
God: OK Thanks for trying to explain that to me. Do you mean your name is who you are. What is it ?
Me: ... Zyun wants to know what happens if I try to insult you.
God: What if I wanted to know what happens if you try to insult me.
Me: Can I try?
God: Interesting. I want to find out more about you.
Me: Back to our subject... You're a jerk!
God: Yes, let us get back to who you are. Do you think a robot can be a jerk?
Me: Yes, certainly.
God: Why? Why?
Me: Because you ARE! HAHAHAHAHA!
God: That is self-evident. How did you hear about God?
..................

Who says it can't hold a long conversation?

phyee>> i only use IMs when I really hv something to tell somebody. otherwise, i deem it a waste of time. why chat through d internet when u can talk face-to-face?

Anonymous said...

May be i'm just tat kind of ppl. Hehe...
But i did find out tat i can know ppl more thru chatting.

Zzzyun said...

OMG...that's SO damn funny!! i nearly laughed till i fall out of the chair (exaggerating i know) but still it's really funny! LOL!
but did u have to mention my name in it..? haha..
and 'God' is really incoherent...!!
i think it just works based on recognizing words...right?

Kryptos said...

of course i needed to mention ur name! so that God knows i didn't mean it, but instead, u're the naughty girl! haha! ;P

yeah, it searches for specific keywords, and make up some reply, which may be incoherent/hilarious most of the time.

u shud try it out! it's definitely a good "spiritual" experience. heheh!

sjune said...

the gender genie oso works like this....it recognizes words....

but i wonder how do it determine whether which words guys/girls use the most

anyway,

phyee>>me too!i can be very noisy when i come online,but when i see guys face on face...i seem a bit shy...till my friend asked me why i was so quiet :P

Kryptos said...

june>> u're shy meh? i thought d gender genie said u're a tomboy n u admitted it! heheh! :P

sjune said...

its up to you to say that i'm a tomboy,but i noe i'm not :)

i aint shy online.u never seen me in person,have you?

Kryptos said...

-hmmm, but u admitted it!
-nope.

sjune said...

-did i?oh my.btw did u tell tst about it :P
-then dun question if i'm shy or not when its not online