Sunday, May 27, 2007 - 8:31 pm

Buttons, Anyone?

It's the last day of high school. After this day, who knows when your paths will cross again. With luck, perhaps soon; but then again, perhaps not. There' s one thing you've been wanting to tell her, but didn't have the courage. This is not the time to hesitate. You have to confess your feelings.

But, how?

Pull off the second button from your uniform and give it to her.

This is a common practice among Japanese teenagers. A guy offering a girl the second button on his uniform is an indirect way of saying "I like you". Similarly, a girl asking a boy for the second button (第二ボタン) is also a means of confession.

Romantic, huh? Question: Why the 第二ボタン?

That's because the 第二ボタン is the button closest to the heart. As such, it holds the significance as a little momento for/from the person you like.

This, is my cargo pants, with a missing button, if you noticed.

Question: Why?

Because, it's the button closest to my butt. I intend to give it to the person who pisses me off as a way of saying, "You're a pain in the butt".

俺の「パンツのボタン」, anyone?

Or, someone can opt to sew it back for me.

1 comment:

K.O.J.A. said...

belly button?