Monday, October 16, 2006 - 9:57 pm

Attachments, none?

"Test's over, right? But how come there has been no news from you recently?"
"Uh, busy..."
Silence.
"Anything else?"
"Uh, no..."
It feels bad to be homesick. But it feels even worse when you realize that you're not homesick - because that means there's nothing much, back home, that you miss.

It must have been hurtful... But, sorry though I feel, there's nothing much to say. As if the gap in between is more than a physical distance.

Frankly, I feel more at ease to be all by myself... To put it bluntly, is that probably because I no longer feel any strong attachment to anything or anyone else?

Selfish bastard.

6 comments:

Cheng Eng Aun said...

Cosmopolitanism, maybe?

阿蛋 said...

I guess it happens to most of us. I have that sort of feeling too. We are overwhelmed by the amount of work and the life we lead in the new place.

We do get detached from the past life we have. But i guess that's life. That doesn't mean you are a selfish bastard. haha

K.O.J.A. said...

I've been realising that I've been swaying off course from my ideal life.....

Life's hard. I can never get what I want. So to say.

chin kimg said...

not feeling homesick?
i think
it's because
u have more freedom there
and you can do whatever you please.
and i think it's because your environment is comfortable.
If it's the reverse, i think u'll want to come back everyday.

amphibian sp. said...

its perfectly normal if u feel that way.. i'd think there's sumthing wrong if u felt only one way of the 2 feeling all the time..

Anonymous said...

Well, tat 1 is ur conversation between u n ur family.
Sounds same like my 1 also, hehe...
Actually, i am also not really homesick.
Just i found ntg to do in jap during winter,
n i also think of going back to visit ppl.