Thursday, December 29, 2005 - 12:49 pm

Privacy Breached

The personal life of every individual is based on secrecy, and perhaps it is partly for that reason that civilized man is so nervously anxious that personal privacy should be respected. ~Anton Chekhov
Woe is me!

Angry? I'm not angry! I'm utterly disappointed! I'm irritated! I'm furious! I can't tolerate her attitude anymore! Gah! Reading my short messages as if there's nothing wrong as long as I'm not aware of it. The truth is, I knew all along. Despite telling her umpteen times, she still remains obstinate.

To make things worse, she also has the knack of sifting through my wallet and my drawers, as if half-expecting to find designer drugs or something bad or perhaps even a skeleton in my cupboard.

If she's just trying to keep tabs on my social circle and what I'm doing, simply out of concern, this is the worst way of doing it. She could've at least just asked! How can she expect me to confide to her when she's doing such things without my knowledge? Is there no one whom I can still trust these days? There're so many things that I don't even think of telling her anymore.

This time, I'm totally upset. She doesn't even understand my basic rights, does she? I'm not a rebellious, whimsical young adult seeking for independence. For goodness sake, I merely need to have my personal space! I need room to breathe!

There's no way she can blame me for not trying to bridge the yawning chasm...

10 comments:

Zzzyun said...

Hmmm... So kelian..

Well, what to do. Sometimes they're just over-anxious, as they're afraid of what u might be doing without their knowledge.

I dunno what to advise u, since my parents are kinda overprotective too. but at least not as bad as yours, yet...hehe.

Cheng Eng Aun said...

Hmm... Got some problem too with my 'His'... But trying to work it out now... Haha my condition is improving compared with last few years, where I firmly believe that the only way to solve problem is through... nuclear weapons! Otto von Bismarck must be happy with this method...

sjune said...

my mom browsed tru my diary last time....

the worst thing is that the thing she read was what i wrote about hating her....

and to make things super duper worse,she tore that page out and kept it and kept bringing up this issue during chinese new year.

lotsa stuff bout my mom ppl would never understand.not that i wanna say i m the most unlucky person or what.....i still have my dad what

so erm,a merry mooncake festival to all.

Kryptos said...

june>> omg! that's totally unacceptable! thank goodness u have a great dad (i suppose)...

sjune said...

nobody cam ever imagine....

till now i'm numb adi

Kryptos said...

sigh, that's a pity...

sjune said...

but luckily i've got a very nice dad

and fab friends

or else i might end up as remaja bermasalah i think :P

Zzzyun said...

actually, diaries are pretty much unsafe, so to speak, so that is why blogs are so popular!!

Get the hint, june?

Kryptos said...

b4 i started blogging i used to password-protect my "journal" on my computer. it was just a simple microsoft word document, actually. ;P

sjune said...

my dad can always read my blog since i gave him my blog address

in fact,i owez ceritakan what i blog.....

yes,i do keep some diaries in the computer...

those which are in paper are safely locked with a unlocked lock :P

hidden somewhere la :P

smtms i'm scared that i lose the key...therefore the unlocked lock....