Wednesday, January 26, 2005 - 12:43 pm

The Scales of Libra

Diplomatic and urbane
Romantic and charming
Easygoing and sociable
Idealistic and peaceable”

“Indecisive and changeable
Gullible and easily influenced
Flirtatious and self-indulgence
~Traditional Libra traits

Reading the newspaper has ben my daily routine since young. The first thing I usually do when I get my hands on a newspaper isn’t flipping toe the sports section or reading celebrity gossips on the latest scandal. My top priority, however, is to get my daily dosage of horoscope.

No, no, no. I hardly qualify as a great follower of astrology. It is just the curious mind that drives me to find out what the stars have in store for me. Well, it does calm you to have foreknowledge of what looms ahead, doesn’t it? However 99% of the time, I am sceptical over astrological predictions. However, the astrological part that explains the personalites of different people under different zodiac signs is quite agreeable more than half ot the time. Here, I make my own interpretations of the signs (only Libra, actually, since I am proudly one) based on personal observations and what is said by astrologers. The stargazing part is, of course, skipped.

It is worth noticing that Libra is the only inanimate sign of the zodiac; all the others are represented either by humans or animals. Libra, being represented by the Scales of Justice, tends to be diplomatic and impartial in making decisions. The reason of choosing an inanimate object as Libra’s sign is perhaps the traits mentioned above are hardly possessed by mortals, for each and every living creature tends to place their concerns atop the others’.

I can’t agree more on the statement that Librans are often idealistic. Whatever they venture in, they will make sure the results are of perfect standard. Being perfectionists implies that they refuse to entrust hefty responsibilties to the others. They prefer to handle the job by themselves so as to attain the best results. I used to be a perfectionist but as I grow up, I came to learn that pursuing ideals is not so realistic after all. The idealistic part of me slowly fades… So as a Libran, I may be a perfectionist – just not a perfect one, though. (Get the punchline?)

Another part that I must agree is that Librans are very sociable beings. I am an erstwhile introvert but in these few years, I have slightly inclined to be an extrovert. I wonder if this have something to do with the position of the stars?

It is odd that astrologers classify Librans as romantic and sometimes flirtatious. Ruled by the planet Venus, Libra is know far and wide as the Zodiacal Lover. This really does perturb me as it is vaguely suggesting that Librans have the characteristics of a Casanova or a Don Juan to a certain extent. Heck, I don’t even have the chance of indulging myself in love! This is simply incredulous! Absurd!

Librans’ cast of mind is artistic rather than intellectual. To me, the reality seems to be the other way round. I am terrible in art compared to solving math and physics problems. I always find my right brain to be somehow devoid of artistic skills and imagination. The next thing closest to art which I can boast of is the skill of writing. Writing out the contents of your heart can really relieve the dishevelled soul of its burdens.

So, you can see that not everything astrologers say is true. At least iin my case. Perhaps, the scales of young Librans hasn’t much achieved equilibrium during the turbulent teenage years. After all, scales can tilt!

Anyway, it comforts me to know that Librans are charming. Even though I am yet to hear such a compliment from the people around me, it really gives a boost to my ego and morale! *Grin*
Last but not least, I remind you that all of the aforementioned are the conclusions made based on my personal obseravations. If you have a Libran friend or if you are one, do let me know if I am correct. As for the astrological predictions, I’m still working on them. You know, the sky today is cloudy and the crystal ball is murky. Some other time, perhaps. Some other time… *Wink*

In the meantime, I hope I won’t draw any flak from any astrology advocates out there for presenting my own version of the signs!


P/s: I initially planned to post this blog last night. Unfortunately, for some unknown reasons, my stomach was against the idea. It made me spend an hour in the toilet. And when I retired to bed, the upset tummy kept me awake. *Growl*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

of cuz i've a libran friend, that's YOU (of cuz there's others too)
erm... ya, i quite agree on what you said about Librans, but not really so prefect..
ha~ i just wanna to say Capricorns are also GREAT~

sjune said...

usually librans are handsome/pretty

and saggitaurian is a better sigh

ha!